Thursday, April 22, 2010

Board & Card Game Session: April 21, 2010

Attendees: James, Troy, Dave, and Chris (New)
Report by: James

We played two games, the first a round of Munchkin the second a long (long, long) game of Nuclear War.

Munchkin: We used the first two expansions plus a smattering of cards from various bonus packs and such. For most of the session, I was a Halfling Thief riding a Pegasus Steed (which later became a Poisonous Pegasus Steed and eventually a Very Poisonous Pegasus Steed around the time I changed from Thief to Warrior). Chris was a Dwarf Wizard, Dave was a Dark Half-Orc Cleric, and Troy... IIRC Troy was a Human with No Class most of the time.
Winner: Chris.

Nuclear War: This was the first time I'd broken open my old Nuclear War set since I'd run a HUGE game at a convention several years ago, so I was a bit surprised to find the card set included all three major sets plus the entire run from the collectible set. As we soon discovered, a card set geared toward fun play for a dozen players was far less accomodating for merely three players (Troy had to leave early, unfortunately). Dave ended up either testing missiles or testing warheads, having both in good numbers throughout the game but never at the same time. I, naturally being the war-mongering type, ended up splitting my efforts between Dave and Chris, taking out neither. Chris dropped most of his bombs on me, then finished me off with a Secret that caused me to lose 25 million population (the "You Attack A Small Country and the World Pounds On You" card). My Final Retaliation did little enough damage, and Chris finished off Dave with a Propaganda card on the next turn.
Winner: Chris

Remember, no meetings next week; we next meet for Board & Card Games on May 5th, then RPG Night on May 6th.

Good Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment